For most people, losing belly fat is quite difficult. However, you don’t have to keep wondering how to get rid of stubborn belly fat. Here, you will find some advice that many people have found to be helpful. However, before you get started on your journey, you want to talk with your physician and make sure that weight loss is the right thing for you. Then, check out Lean Belly Breakthrough to find out more tried and true ways to lose the weight you want to.
Medical/health experts tell us that belly fat is likely the most dangerous type of fat- and is also the hardest to get rid of. Belly fat- also known as visceral fat, is what builds up around your organs. This type of fat is linked to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, insulin, and triglycerides. Therefore, it causes an increase in your risk of developing diabetes, heart disease, cancer, stroke- and even death.
- 2 Types of Belly Fat
- Why are Fats Stored in the Belly Region?
- Fat Burning Foods
- Beverages to Increase Metabolism and Weight Loss
- Home Remedies and Tips for Fat Loss
- How to Trim Away Belly Fat without Losing Weight
- Exercises to Burn Fat
- Exercises to Target Abs
- Front Squats
- Dumbbell Rows
- Reverse Crunch
- Is Running Effective for Losing Belly Fat?
- How to Run Effectively
- What are the Benefits of Running?
2 Types of Belly Fat
Experts have discovered that there are 2 types of belly fat that result from junk food/sweets and overeating. They are as follows:
- Subcutaneous fat found under the skin on your abdomen, buttocks, hips, and thighs
- Deep, visceral fat found inside vital organs such as your liver, lungs, and heart as well as in your abdomen, chest, and pelvis. This fat is so deep that you can’t see it with the naked eye.
Experts have attributed increased body/belly fat to declining metabolism, which comes mainly from decreasing muscle mass, hormone changes, and a reduction in the calorie needs of your internal organs.
Why are Fats Stored in the Belly Region?
Belly fat is basically abdominal obesity, which is also referred to as central obesity. When you consume lots of carbonated sodas, junk food, and sweets, the fats accumulate in your belly because it’s a convenient dumping ground. This is the reason why your belly, hips, and thighs are the first to gain and hold on to stubborn belly fat, which leads to a larger waist and therefore, larger pant size.
Believe it or not, you can lose belly fat without exercise, but it will take you much longer than if you include exercise in your daily regimen. Following are some of the best options for getting rid of belly fat including some foods, drinks, other treatments, and exercises.
Fat Burning Foods
According to research, there are some foods that do play a role in reducing overall fat- especially belly fat.
- Turkey has a low calorie count, and just the right amount of leucine- an amino acid that will help you maintain muscle mass while losing weight- which makes it a great food for boosting your metabolism and reducing fat.
- Peanuts are effective for slowing down blood glucose levels and fighting weight gain when you eat just a handful.
- Low-fat yogurt contains calcium, which is great for fighting fat.
- High fiber breakfast cereals are a great weight loss solution when you’re short on time- provided the cereal is also low in sugar.
- Enova oil is a combination of canola oil and soy and is a fat that your body won’t store as fat.
- Berries have a high fiber content of around 3.5- 8 grams/cup
Beverages to Increase Metabolism and Weight Loss
Following, you will find a few beverages that are effective for increasing your metabolism and helping you burn fat quicker when used along with a healthy diet and exercise. For best results, you’ll want to drink one of them before breakfast- and if it’s too thick, feel free to add a little water.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon each honey & cinnamon
- 1 spoon apple cider vinegar
Liquefy the following:
- 1 celery sprig
- 4 carrots
- 1 asparagus
Liquefy the following:
- ½ cup watermelon
- 1 grapefruit
Liquefy the following:
- ½ cup each spinach & green cabbage
- 2 broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
Liquefy the following:
- 7 strawberries
- 2 oranges
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 teaspoon honey
Green tea is also a great option for increasing weight loss.
Home Remedies and Tips for Fat Loss
Now, let’s take a look at some home remedies that you can prepare with ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen. In addition to being healthy, these tips can also increase your skin tone and delay wrinkles.
- First of all, get rid of foods such as excess carbs, junk foods, sugars, and trans-foods from your diet- as these cause stress on your liver. When your liver is under stress, it can’t metabolize fat properly.
- Try having mackerel or salmon twice a week or have around 6 grams of omega fatty acids to fight off fat and boost your skin. You can enhance its benefits by drizzling it with lemon.
- Increasing your consumption of conjugated linoleic and gamma acids is a great way to target belly fat. You’ll want to make sure you’re getting adequate amounts of green veggies, seeds, milk, nuts, eggs, and grass-fed beef.
- Make sure you’re getting some monounsaturated fats (omega-9 fatty acids), which are critical in your diet against belly fat. You should be using olive or sunflower oil to cook with.
- Have a cup of warm water with lemon juice every day to wake up your liver and encourage it to dissolve fat. You can add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or a pinch of cayenne to speed up your metabolism.
- Drink 100 percent blueberry & cranberry juice, which contains organic acids that eat up the fat deposits in your lymphatic system.
- Dandelion tea helps with the process of detoxification.
- Green tea is beneficial for accelerating your metabolism and burning fat because it contains theanine, caffeine, catechins, and other compounds.
- Cinnamon is great for boosting metabolism, so start adding a teaspoon your natural juices, herbal teas, cereals, oatmeal, and smoothies.
- When you’re trying to lose fat quickly, use honey instead of sugar. In addition, make a drink every morning before breakfast and every evening before you go to bed with warm water, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon honey. This is also a great method for combatting sleeplessness.
- Veggie puree soup is a great option for losing fat and is also a great way to detoxify your body. You might be surprised at just how healthy and effective this is.
- Even if you don’t give it much thought, sleep is an important weapon in the battle of the bulge because our body is relaxed when we’re sleeping. Stress is one of the major causes of weight gain.
How to Trim Away Belly Fat without Losing Weight
The fat cells in your body hold toxins and after some time, you’ll find that they are quite difficult to burn. Toxic fat is harder to eliminate because it’s much harder than typical fat deposits. In this case, fat loss will be directly correlated with toxin removal. You probably already know that it’s difficult to shed fat from just one part of your body- but here are a few treatment options that could potentially help with belly fat and other fat stores as well.
Get yourself into the habit of having a daily massage- whether by a professional or a loved one. Massage is an effective way to remove toxins from your body and offer some improvement to the functioning of your lymphatic system.
Another effective method is dry skin brushing. Before you jump in the shower, massage your body with a dry brush. This will increase circulation, exfoliate/invigorate your skin, decrease cellulite/bloating, and also boost your lymphatic system.
There are several body wraps on the market- some of them are treated with special muds/clays. These can help remove the toxins and fat cells from your skin. This is often referred to as instant loss of inches- but it does translate into a much more permanent weight loss. Often, a detox process is exactly what you need to remove that stubborn fat from your belly, thighs, buttocks, and arms.
Ayurvedic Treatments are from the Hindu culture and have been proven to be effective for fat loss- especially stubborn belly fat. Physicians who practice Ayurvedic medicine have proven that spices/herbs such as fenugreek, curry leaves, cumin, cardamom, coriander, trikatu, and fennel are digestion aids.
Micro-Current and Faradic Muscle Stimulation
This is a very effective way to lose belly fat and tone your abdominal muscles- however, you’ll need many sessions and they are quite expensive. You might consider investing in your own machine that you can use at home when you want/need to instead of trying to schedule in time to get to the salon.
This treatment tightens your muscles, helping you lose inches. You can often see results after the very first session, depending on the intensity and time the machine was set for. However, even if you don’t see immediate results, they will be apparent after several visits.
This should be the last resort after you have thought about all of the other alternatives- and under your physician’s recommendation. Cosmetic surgery in this case includes tummy tuck and liposuction. Lipo is a great surgical option for those who are close to their ideal body weight, as it removes fat that is still stored in your stomach muscles. A tummy tuck is much more extensive, and most patients typically decline this option.
Exercises to Burn Fat
Hidden belly fat is an indicator of visceral adiposity or deep internal fat. This type of fat can potentially result in chronic conditions, so removing it should definitely be a serious priority. Here are a few of the most effective workouts for burning away this hidden fat.
High Impact Cardio
High-impact cardio exercises, such as running, jumping, or basically anything else that gets your heart rate up and makes having a conversation difficult are excellent options for burning lots of calories in a short amount of time. Jumping also stimulates your lymphatic system, which ends up helping you lose fat.
Research has indicated that HIIT, or high-intensity interval training workouts actually burn more calories than moderate exercises- even though moderate sessions typically last longer. HIIT is the combination of long low intensity workouts and short high intensity workouts. Experts indicate that this is one of the most effective ways to lose weight quickly.
Due to the fact that fat is burned within your muscles, you should also be incorporating weights into your workouts. You don’t have to lift heavy- any weight dumbbells will do. In fact, if you’re just starting out, 3-5 pounds will be enough.
Exercises to Target Abs
Following are a few exercises that you can use to tone your abs. However, one thing you must keep in mind is that you will see the best results when you combine these exercises with cardio.
Front squats are a great way to trim away unwanted belly fat. Experts recommend that you do 3 sets of 25 reps to see results and avoid muscle soreness.
Dumbbell rows work your laterals, but also help you to get rid of lower belly fat. It is recommended that you do 3 sets of 10 reps.
Many see this as one of the best ways to develop abs and destroy lower belly fat.
Is Running Effective for Losing Belly Fat?
In order to ensure a peaceful life, it’s critical that you find ways to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle. Belly fat indicates an overall unhealthy lifestyle and could be due to a lack of exercise or poor eating habits. The presence of belly fat increases your risk of cardiovascular issues. Women experience issues during their menopausal years because of belly fat.
Running for just 1 hour/day will burn around 1,000 calories- but it can be quite challenging to get started with a morning routine. To get started, you’ll need to start running for 10- 15 minutes/day and slowly build up to 1 hour. If you are considering taking up running as a solution to your belly fat, you’ll definitely want to speak with your physician to be sure that running is right for you.
How to Run Effectively
In order for your running to be effective, you’ll want to find a comfortable shoe that will help to absorb the sweat and also allow your skin to breathe. In addition, sweat bands on your wrists are a good idea to help you remain comfortable while you are running. It’s advised to run early in the morning, as the air is not as polluted and you feel fresh.
To ensure your safety, you’ll want to spend about 10 to 15 minutes warming up. This prepares your body for the run that is ahead. Even while you are warming up, you could also do some breathing techniques and cool-down stretches, which will leave you fit and active for the remainder of the day.
What are the Benefits of Running?
Both running and jogging provide plenty of health benefits. You’ll find that even conditions relating to your heart and lungs will improve when you start running. Some of the benefits offered by running include:
- Burning excess fat
- Strengthening muscles all over the body
- Combats depression and other mental health issues
While it’s true that all running does offer benefits, the speed and length of the run have a direct effect on burning calories and fat. In addition, there is a connection between the weight of the runner and the speed they are running. Experts indicate that a 123-pound female who runs at 8 miles/hour for about 10 minutes will lose about 130 calories- a 170-pound man running at the same speed for the same time will lose about 150 calories.
So, the answer to the question about whether running burns belly fat is this- yes, but you should also be doing exercises that specifically target belly fat. In order to effectively lose fat, you need to consume a well-balanced diet and have plenty of patience. You didn’t gain the fat overnight, you’re not going to lose it overnight either.
Basically, any exercises that are used to specifically target belly fat such as crunches will tone your abs- but the truth is that there is no exercise that will be effective all on its own to get rid of belly fat. You must always include some sort of cardio such as running.
Running helps to prepare your body for changes that are in store- and combined with a healthy diet, are imperative for burning belly fat. Keep in mind that without going for a run (or some other form of cardio) beforehand, your workouts may not be as effective as you’d like for them to be.
Belly fat seems to be the most stubborn type of fat there is. Sometimes it seems that no matter how hard you try, you can’t get rid of it. However, these tips, along with the information you’ll find in the Lean Belly Breakthrough – will help you banish that belly fat in no time at all and get on to living a happy, healthy life.