In case you are not aware, bodybuilding supplements, like weight gainers, are not new because, in Ancient Greece, it is known that athletes usually take large amounts of meat and wine. They also drink health tonics to help improve their stamina and strength.
In 1910, the first bodybuilder named Eugen Snow promoted the change of diet to increase muscle growth. Moreover, Erle Lieberman championed the use of beef juice among bodybuilders.
The popularity of these supplements has increased which is why in 1994, a law called the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act was signed which does not require manufacturers for FDA approvals before selling dietary supplements to the public. Because of this, the safety of these products are not assured by a government body; however, some brands hire third-party entities to test these products, and they manufacture on FDA-certified facilities to ensure quality and safety.
Another drawback of this law is that the effectiveness of these products is not proven so, consumers needed to rely on what the manufacturers have to say about their supplements.
However, there are weight gainers that are made from clean ingredients like the Naked Mass Weight Gainer Protein Powder. So, if you want to know more about this product, check out the details in the next section.
Naked Mass – All Natural Weight Gainer Protein Powder
- Contains high amounts of protein and carbohydrates
- High-calorie supplement that can be taken as a smoothie or protein shake
- Contains only three ingredients: whey, casein, maltodextrin
- Naked Mass’s maltodextrin is derived from organic tapioca
- Does not contain artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners
- Each serving contains 1,250 calories, 252 grams of complex carbohydrates, 11.5 grams of BCAA, and 50 grams of protein
- GMO, gluten, and soy-free
- Product is cold processed and growth hormone-free
- Can be a meal replacement
- Recommended to be taken before and after workouts and in between meals
- Comes in three variants: unflavored, vanilla, and chocolate
- It does not contain artificial additives.
- It will help you gain weight as long as you combine it with proper diet and exercise.
- It tastes good.
- The product is third-party tested.
- It won’t make you feel bloated.
- This product is a clean mass gainer.
- It does not contain a lot of ingredients.
- It can be combined with other types of food.
- The product is vegetarian.
- It packs a lot of calories.
- It comes in different flavors.
- It contains milk which could be an allergen.
- It may taste too sweet to some users.
- It does not mix well so you would need to use a blender to avoid clumps.
- It may not help you gain weight if you are elderly.
- It may give side effects such as headaches.
The Naked Mass Weight Gainer Protein Powder contains only three ingredients which are great for those who are looking for a clean supplement to help them gain some pounds.
Moreover, it does not contain synthetic additives and the ingredients used are all natural. Most weight gainers are not easy on the stomach, but this one is an exemption because it is easy to digest and it won’t make you feel bloated.
Unlike other weight gainers, this one has a pleasant taste because it comes in three flavors and for a better tasting smoothie, you can combine this with fruits.
Similar to other weight gainers, or any other food supplements for that matter, this should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise so you can reap the intended effects.
Other great features of this product are: it is third-party tested to ensure the quality of the product, and it is GMO, gluten, and soy-free.
GNC Pro Performance Complete Vegan Gainer
Similar to the Naked Mass Weight Gainer, GNC Pro Performance Complete Vegan Gainer can also help you gain pounds. The ingredients of the products were also tested by a third-party entity for quality assurance.
Similarly, this product is also free of artificial flavors, gluten, soy, and GMO ingredients. Like the Naked Mass Weight Gainer, a serving of this contains 50 grams of protein, and finally, they equally have good tastes but can be too sweet to some people’s liking.
As for their differences, each serving of the GNC Pro Performance Complete Vegan Gainer only contains 570 calories, eight grams of BCAA, and 70 grams of carbs, while, Naked Mass contains more. The GNC weight gainer is made from 17 ingredients, on the other hand, Naked Mass is made from only three.
The GNC weight gainer is vegan, whereas, Naked Mass is only vegetarian. The Naked Mass weight gainer comes in three different flavors, and the other one is only sold in one flavor which is chocolate.
Therefore, these weight gainers are both good products depending on your needs. If you are a vegetarian, the Naked Mass Gainer is a better choice for you, but if you are vegan, the GNC is a good option. However, if you are looking for a weight gainer that contains more calories, the Naked Mass Weight Gainer Protein Powder is the way to go.
Naked Nutrition has been known to provide dietary supplements that are made with high-quality, clean ingredients. Additionally, they contain zero artificial additives just like the Naked Mass Weight Gainer. This product can help you gain weight as long as you follow the correct dose and combine it with exercise and a healthy diet.
In addition to the reasons mentioned, the nice taste of the Naked Mass Weight Gainer is a huge plus because this is very seldom found in other similar products. It is also rare to find a weight gainer that won’t make you feel bloated.
One drawback that we see with this weight gainer is its tendency to become lumpy if you don’t use a blender to mix it. This is a very common characteristic of weight gainers so you might want to invest in a blender before purchasing this product.
Another is that it contains milk which is known to be an allergen so this might not be the right product for you if you are sensitive to milk.
In spite of these drawbacks and because the pros outweigh the cons, we still recommend the Naked Mass Weight Gainer if you are looking for a dietary supplement that will help you reach your weight goals, whether you are a bodybuilder or just an ordinary person who wants to pack some pounds.