Waist trimmers are once again becoming popular for fitness and health training, but finding the perfect trimmer belt for your needs can be difficult. From flexibility to fabric tight to fit options, there are a lot of different areas that need to be considered when you’re trying to choose the right belt.
Goege has a variety of waist trimmers that you might be considering, including their New Style Belt which is advertised to be a breathable, adjustable, and supportive option to satisfy many needs. Does the product stand up to this advertisement?
Let’s take a deeper look and find out.
Goege New Style Trimmer Belt
- Color: Black
- Made of a combination of thin spandex and polyester
- Four flexible panels with anti-slip interior
- Adjustable Velcro closures
- Sizes available range from 35″ to 50″ (M to XXXL)
- Uses: back support, injury or surgery recovery, calorie burning, and slimming
- Does not roll and tug
- Flexible and lightweight
- Can be rolled up easily
- Fit into the car, purse, or gym bag
- Has a custom fit
- Helps improve posture
- Great back support
- Very breathable
- Unisexual design
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- Must be hand washed
- Only available in one color
- Size chart doesn’t match typical sizing
- Can be itchy
- Bulky under clothing
- Velcro wears down quickly
A Detailed Look at the Product
Now that you’ve had a chance to get familiar with this product through the brief pros and cons presented above, let’s talk about these aspects in a bit more detail so that you can get a more thorough understanding of whether or not this trimmer belt is right for your needs.
One of the most advertised and notable features of this particular waist trimmer is the fact that it is made up of four separate, flexible panels. Because the fit of these panels is adjustable and they are made to have a bit of give, they should fit snugly which can help to prevent the frustrating upwards or downwards roll that tends to happen with most trimmer belts.
It’s true that the panels do help to prevent that roll, but the panels themselves are not made of the best material. The belt is made of polyester and spandex. While these materials give a firm fit, they are not as smooth or comfortable as the preferred neoprene. Still, their stretch and support make the belt work well enough for many people.
Since the spandex/poly combination fabric used to create this belt is very lightweight, the trimmer is quite breathable. Though it will make your waist area warm and help your body to burn more calories throughout your workout, your skin should not become irritated by the material. However, those who have very sensitive skin might experience some itchiness but only minimal.
Another standout feature of this belt is that there are double Velcro closures on the product which can both be adjusted independently to help you find the perfect fit for your body. Even if your hip and waist measurements are very different, you’ll be able to have this belt sit snugly and securely on your body.
While the Velcro adjustments are a great addition to the product, constant washing without proper care can easily wear down the Velcro material. Additionally, the size chart released by the manufacturer for this belt is a bit confusing, so you need to get one that is at least an inch larger than your actual size. With that said, this particular waist trimmer is available from a 35” waist measurement up to a 50” measurement.
The goal of using this product for most people typically falls into one of the following categories, so we thought it would be beneficial to share how it works for each of these functions so that you can determine if this belt is right for you or not.
- Slimming appearance: Waist trimmers may be used to create the illusion that you have a smaller or more shapely figure than you actually do. This waist trimmer is not a good option for this since it is too bulky to be properly hidden under clothing. Additionally, it only sits on the lower part of your torso, which would cause lines under your clothing.
- Burning extra calories: This trimmer does a good job of increasing the warmth and heat in the waist area while exercising. This additional heat leads to higher calorie burns and better results.
- Support during training: This trimmer does an average job of supporting the back and stomach while doing more intense training such as weight lifting exercises. While it is supportive, it is not strong enough to compress these areas of the body as tight as products made of higher quality materials.
- Everyday support: This trimmer is a good option for those who are looking for casual support for their back or belly after surgery or an injury. The flexible fit and mid-range materials make it possible to feel a noticeable amount of support while wearing it.
The SZ-Climax Abdominal Waist Trainer is another unisexual product that is flexible and adjustable, which is made of breathable materials. As similar to the Geoge belt, this also comes in different sizes but ranges from 25″ to 45″ (S to XXL). The sizing chart provided by the company is also not very accurate.
However, this waist trainer is made out of higher quality materials, and it has more durable steel spring stays that can be adjusted into place to get the best and most supportive fit for those times when you want to do more intensive exercise and training.
It also has a double-layer design which improves weight loss while also preventing rolling. Of course, you should expect that this product is more expensive than the Geoge belt.
Overall, the Goege New Style Trimmer Belt is a decent option for those of you who are looking for a mid-range product that can be used in a variety of applications. It does not properly meet the needs of anyone looking for a true weight training belt, but it does a great job of basic waist training while still be comfortable and affordable.