Want to build cardio, burn calories, or lose weight without placing too much stress on your joints? Recumbent bikes are your best bet! Whether you are a young healthy adult or a senior with restricted mobility, recumbent bikes will work wonderfully for your glutes, hips, and thighs—even better than walking!
And do you know the best thing about them? You can read books, listen to music, watch TV, or get lost in your thoughts while working out in a reclined position. So, in this article, we bring you three of the best recumbent bikes to help you achieve your goal without breaking the bank.
Best Recumbent Bikes: Top Three Picks
Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike
The Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike boasts of the following features:
- Walk-through recumbent design
This recumbent bike comes in a convenient walk-thru design, allowing you to get on and off effortlessly.
- Multi-level resistance adjustment
The Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike comes with a tension knob that lets you customize the resistance level of the bike. Turn to the right to increase resistance or to the left to make pedaling easier.
- Large-display, multi-function monitor
This recumbent bike offers a large, easy-to-read monitor that provides you real-time stats for your speed, distance, time, and calories burned. And to let you focus on your workout, it can go on scan mode so that you don’t have to trouble yourself with pushing buttons.
- Comfortable seat and handrails
The Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike makes exercising in a reclined position all the more comfortable with its upholstered vinyl-wrapped seat with backrest and anti-slip handrails. The seat can also be adjusted to accommodate tall to short individuals.
- Large pedals
It also comes with largely weighted pedals that give your feet secure footing.
- Smooth and quiet operation
Watch TV, listen to music, or read a book while you’re on the Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike. With its adjustable heavy-weighted flywheel resistance and belt drive train, it operates smoothly and quietly.
- Great for the elderly and rehab patients
- Simple to operate; just one button for all and can take charge of recording your stats while you’re working out
- Handle position is great for people with lower back problems
- Operates quietly and smoothly
- Accommodates comfortably short and tall people with its multi-seat position
- Easy to assemble and comes with the tools you need
- Comes in a light and compact design; it doesn’t take up much space and is easy to move around.
- Not ideal for pro training
- Resistance knob doesn’t considerably increase the tension; if you’re looking to increase the level of difficulty of your workout, then look to boosting your speed instead when using this bike.
- Can be wobbly when you’re pedaling at high speeds
- Seat adjustment is not as easy as other recumbent bikes.
- Doesn’t come with wheels for easy relocation
ProGear 555LXT Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike
The ProGear 555LXT Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike features:
- Step-through design
This recumbent bike with durable steel frame sports a convenient step-through design that allows you to get on and off without a hitch.
- 14 level magnetic tension resistance
The ProGear 555LXT Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike can be adjusted to up to 14 levels of resistance so that you can burn more calories with each pedal. Turn clockwise for more tension or counter-clockwise for less resistance.
- Wide-screen monitor
This recumbent bike provides you with a large-screen monitor that gives you speed, distance, time, calories burned, and odometer readings.
- Cushioned infinite slider seat adjustment
The ProGear 555LXT Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike has your comfort in mind. With the capacity to bear up to 250 pounds of weight and a user height range of 5’0 to 6’3”, it’s suitable for many individuals. The cushioned seat is also large and has soft-grip handlebars on the side.
- Quiet drive belt system
Whether you want to watch TV or read a book while working out, the quiet drive belt system of this recumbent bike lets you do that.
- Oversized pedals with foot strap
You can pedal with ease through its large footrest. The foot straps also help secure your feet onto the pedals.
- Phone and water bottle holders
Keep your smartphone or tablet and water bottle close with the dedicated holders of this recumbent bike.
- Transportation wheels
Fitted with transportation wheels, the 60-pound ProGear 555LXT Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike can be moved with ease.
- Very quiet operation
- Easy assembly and comes with the necessary tools
- Great user height range
- The most affordable of the three products.
- Easy to move around with its wheels
- Dedicated holders for smartphone or tablet and water bottle are quite useful
- Can be challenging to put together for some
- Seat cushion is a bit wanting
- Minimum resistance setting can already be difficult for some.
Marcy NS-716R Magnetic Recumbent Bike
The Marcy NS-716R Magnetic Recumbent Bike has the following features:
- Step-through design
The Marcy NS-716R Magnetic Recumbent Bike has a step-through frame that makes getting on the bike easy.
- 8 Preset magnetic tension dial
With its eight preset tension-adjustment knob, it makes resistance adjustment fast and easy. And whether you are a beginner or a fitness pro, there’s a resistance level suitable for you.
- Digital tracking panel
The Marcy NS-716R Magnetic Recumbent Bike comes with a user-friendly panel that helps you keep track of your time, speed, distance, and calories burned.
- Fully adjustable and comfortable seat
Its adjustable seat can fit different users, allowing you to keep your legs in a comfortable position. Additionally, the seat is mold-injected for optimal comfort and good support while the handlebars are easy to grasp and sized just right.
- Transportation wheels
Whether you want to store the bike or to transfer it, its built-in wheels make it easy for you.
- Cup holder
The Marcy NS-716R Magnetic Recumbent Bike has a built-in cup holder so that you can keep yourself hydrated without getting off the bike.
- Assembly’s easy, and the kit is replete with the necessary tools.
- Works quietly
- Can be moved around easily with the help of the wheels
- Reasonably priced
- Seat is thick but firm; cushioning is not that great
- Doesn’t come with a phone or tablet holder
- Cup holder is not a standard size
If you’re looking for a recumbent bike that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, then any of the three makes for the best recumbent bike. If you’re on rehab and do not need a lot of resistance, then you’ll find the Stamina 1350 Magnetic Resistance Recumbent Bike a perfect match.
If you’re looking for more versatility as a beginner or fitness pro, then either the ProGear 555LXT or the Marcy NS-716R Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike makes a great choice. The former, in particular, with its dedicated tablet or smartphone holder is great for those who wish to keep themselves entertained while working out.